Fall owl background

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It Never Rains in Southern California...

As you can see, this is not the case. It has been raining non stop for the last week, and it's not supposed to let up until Thursday. Hopefully our pool makes it until then without overflowing. It has been horrible to drive in. There is already weird traffic due to the holiday and the shopping, but adding rain onto it just increases the commute time. Daniel has been giving me a hard time about it since we're in San Diego and it's not supposed to rain this month. Must be El Nino or something.

The dogs don't like it either. They have been pent up in the garage, mostly because they don't like the rain. In order for me to get them to go outside for their restroom breaks I have to stand outside with them in the rain. I think they like the company. It's so funny to watch them out in the rain. Dolly hates it and tries to get inside every chance she gets. Keif I noticed was trying to go to places where he would not get as wet. Either way the second that I hint to go inside they are way ahead of me, waiting by the door.

The rain made it difficult for me to pick up Amber from the Long Beach Airport on Friday. I had met up with Allison in Huntington Beach for some lunch at a Thai place. It was called Phuket Thai, pronounced poo-ket :) It was really good and reasonably priced. I told Daniel we'll have to go the next time we are visiting. It was nice to visit with Allison who I had not seen in almost a year. It'll be good to be closer here so that I can try to meet up with her more often.

The Christmas festivities are coming together. I've decided to make an eggnog pumpkin pie, the recipe of which I had found in a family cookbook given to me from a dear friend of the family. I'm glad she gave it to me for mine and Daniel's wedding because the food in it is delicious! I work every night this week so I am looking forward to having this Christmas weekend off.

No comments:

Post a Comment