Fall owl background

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Season

A little bit of catching up to do on here. First Daniel and I have moved to San Diego and are with my parents which means no rent and no snow! I'm definitely grateful for the no snow part since I've been hearing a lot about the large amounts of snow that Utah has been getting. I don't miss driving in it, cleaning it off my car, or being cold in it. I'm definitely a California girl.

Keif has been doing well the adjustment of moving. He now has a couple of acres to run around on and a kennel buddy, my parent's dog Dolly. Although they don't really play together, they do have a mutual tolerance for each other. Since moving back to San Diego we have been able to to take Keif to the dog park at Balboa Park. He had a lot of fun running around the dogs there and was fairly friendly. We've also taken him to the dog park closer to my parent's in Escondido. That went well until he became territorial of the park and started to scare people from bringing their dogs in while he was there. He's just too Alpha for his own good. We've decided it's best we just take him to regular parks when no one is there for him to run around at.

Work has been going well. Daniel is able to clean carpets with my dad and I have the ol' fall back Chili's to work with. I was not able to work at the Chili's in Escondido like I had planned on since they already have too many employees, but I was lucky enough to get work at the chili's in Temecula. The commute is a little longer, but I'm grateful for the job.

Last week for Thanksgiving we were able to visit with my family. Anissa and Noah came
with their three daughthers, and Amber and Aaron carpooled down from school. We all went to the San Diego State football game against the University of Utah. Daniel was true to Utah and sported his Utah shirt. I on the other hand wanted San Diego to win, maybe it's the BYU roots that I have in me just wanting Utah to lose. It was a great game and for a while it looked like San Diego had the game, but at the end Utah pulled through and won the game 38 to 34. We all had a lot of fun.

For Thanksgiving, Daniel, Amber and I started the day playing some Turkey bowl. It was a flag football game with the singles ward here. It was pretty fun, but next year I'd rather watch him play then participate. After that all of the ladies of the house started putting together the Thanksgiving meal. I made some sweet potato casserole, the recipe being Daniel's mom's recipe, and I made a peanut butter chocolate pie. Both dishes were a hit. I even made a sugar free sweet potato casserole that everyone said was also delicious. Our friend from Utah Angie Wilson joined us for Thanksgiving since she wasn't able to to make it home. It was so nice to visit with a friend we hadn't seen for a bit. Afterwards we took her to old town in San Diego to see the Mormon Battalion. We had a lot of fun going through the tour and panning for gold.

This year I decided to try out Black Friday. I woke up at 4 to get ready and made my way to Target, Best Buy, and the mall. I actually got some great deals on gifts and got all my Christmas shopping done. Next year I want to go with someone so it won't be so boring.

Being able to spend Thanksgiving with my family was wonderful. The Holidays are wonderful because they tend to bring out the best in everyone. This time of year is a great time for me to reflect on the past year and to think of the many blessings I have. There are so many people who care for Daniel and me and we really appreciate the extra help others give to us. I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who is always trying to be better for me. He constantly asks me for my feedback on what he can improve on. I only hope that I am being a fulfilling wife for him. I love him so much and am grateful for the sacrifices he makes for our little family. I'm so grateful that we were able to go to the temple and that we were able to have family there to witness it. I'm grateful for the support that Daniel's family gives us in every decision that we make. And of course I'm grateful that my parents are kind enough to let us live with them while we save up our money.

I hope that we are all able to make the best out of this holiday season and that we remember that serving others is the most rewarding part of the Holiday Season. Happy Holiday Season to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. hi tiff! so no utah for you guys huh? How are grad school plans going?

    ReplyDelete