Fall owl background

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Daniel's Birthday and some other updates

Yes I know that this is a couple of weeks after Daniel's birthday, actually closer to a month after, but we are very busy people who don't have the internet at our place so enough said. In memory of Daniel's 24th birthday I would like to share some photos from what we did to celebrate. We went to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake and saw a
Cheetah,

A baby elephant,
Penguins, A baby giraffe, And a Tiger!After seeing all that we could at the zoo we went to Big Cottonwood Canyon to take in the changing leaves. We also wanted to revisit the place where we got engaged as well. It was the perfect ending to a great birthday for Daniel. We definitely didn't want the day to end, especially since we would be returning to the real world of work.

Along with work news last week was a pretty busy work week for us. Daniel worked from 8AM-noon with one guy Monday through Friday (minus Tuesday), then from 2:30 PM- 7PM with another guy same days as the last. I worked all day Monday, all day Tuesday, all day Wednesday and unintentionally all day Thursday. Thursday I was asked to come in early to work at (6AM to be exact) to take someone to the hospital to get her stomach scoped in Salt Lake. After her surgery I traded off with another staff and stayed with another gal in a different hospital in Salt Lake for bunion surgery. She was scheduled for surgery at 12, didn't get in til 2 and we didn't leave the hospital til 7. So I had a 14 and a half work day when I was only supposed to work until 3PM. It was nice to have Friday night off and all day Sunday to ourselves.

I plan on being better at updating the blog, I'll just need to start bringing my laptop with me to work, or maybe talk Daniel into filling out a blog every once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Noah said we must be related because of all the animal pics. I told him yup we love animals. :)

    ReplyDelete