Fall owl background

Friday, September 25, 2009

The 5K run

Last Saturday went really well. Daniel was one of the top runners for a little bit and I kept my slow and steady pace. He eventually decided he had enough of running and waited til I caught up so we could take a break and walk together. I was happy to take the break but, had my own goal of running the whole time. We decided to run the last stretch, of course Daniel beat me. I managed to get my time in 29:18 which hit my goal (a time under 30). Even though we didn't win we still had a lot of fun doing the run. Daniel and I both came to the realization just how out of shape we really were.
After the run we decided to treat ourselves with protein smoothies from gold's gym, then were off to pick up the kid that Daniel works with for his job.
This week has been another busy one, but we're gearing up for Daniel's birthday on Monday the 28th. We're actually celebrating it on Sunday since we both work Monday, but I at least got the evening off instead of working all day like I normally do.
Also Amber comes next week for general conference weekend so that gives me an excuse to finally get our place in order.
Well we got a few more things to do tonight before we turn in so we'll have another update next week.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! I wish I could have been there to run with you. I have the same goal when I run. I try to do 3 miles in 30 min. You guys ROCK!

    ReplyDelete