Fall owl background

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Getting Things Together

So we moved into our basement apartment starting last Wednesday and finished getting everything in by last Friday. Unfortunately we are still in the organization process. Work for me has been slowing the process down and Daniel as well has been busy with work and school, all though football tends to be a bit of a distraction for him ;) We hope to get the place totally cleaned up and neat on Sunday when we both have the free time to do it.

I had plans to work on it Wednesday afternoon, but was disappointed to discover that for some reason the sink was draining into the dishwasher. It was pretty annoying considering the dishes were pile high on account that I had worked the last 3 days all day. I was looking forward to putting my evening off to good use but ended up watching TV with Daniel. We told our landlords about it yesterday and they came over today while we were out and about to fix it! Daniel and I are both very grateful that our landlords were so speedy to our needs.

Tomorrow Daniel and I are running a 5K for Chili's, well the money goes to St. Jude's Cancer Research Hospital. I'm a little nervous, but excited all the same. Just hope I can keep up with Daniel, ha ha that's not going to happen. I plan on going a good pace and then kicking it up once I'm almost done. Wish us luck! The winner gets a $25 gift card to Chili's, our favorite restaurant!

Other news Daniel and I finally gave in and bought a laptop. It's Toshiba with a 16" HD screen, intel core 2 duo, 3GB SDRAM, and 320 GB HDD. I'm not totally sure what some of that means but I do know it's really good as far as speed goes. Daniel will be using it for school and I'll be using it when I go to school with the girls at the group home. So hopefully I will be able to keep my weekly update promise for the blog.

2 comments:

  1. WOot! Can't wait! I too want to stay weekly updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your place is coming along. Yeah for the laptop.

    ReplyDelete