Fall owl background

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another Day

Daniel and I both got to work today. I say that with slight sarcasm. We always look forward to Sundays because usually neither of us work and we can enjoy each others company. But he will be working the next few Sunday days at the boys group home he works at in Draper. His shift is from 6AM to 2PM. I had a work meeting at Chili's from 8:45 to 10AM and then work at the girls group home in Provo from 3PM to 11PM (I'm there right now). So I got to see Daniel for a good 15 minutes. I don't mind working at the girls home, just would rather be at home with the hubby. We do get tomorrow evening together at least, I'm looking forward to that.

Daniel loves his new job at the boys home. He tells me that after every shift he works. He get's to play football with the guys and doesn't mind being stern when he needs to be. Today he was in charge of watching the kids who were in trouble. He had to constantly remind them that they needed to be working on something and not talking or sleeping. I knew he would be great at the job and I'm glad his supervisor, my old coworker at the girls home, was able to see that he would be a good fit for the job.

So I am officially counting down until Christmas. That is when I will finally get a break and a vacation. Daniel get's to go to North Carolina for Thanksgiving which leaves me to work that week. I did plan some girl time with a coworker of mine who will be around for the holiday. I'm really sad I won't be going, but I understand his need to go. He told me he'll take lots of pictures so it will be like I went myself. Christmas in San Diego will be so nice. I get to see all my family, go to the beach, eat lots of sushi, and hopefully go to the San Diego Zoo. Mostly it will be nice to not have to work for a change.

1 comment:

  1. Wee for Christmas! I am So ready to see you! Oh boy do we have lots of story exchanges

    ReplyDelete